Here at Kelly Roofing, we sometimes get a call for help from a commercial property owner who’s had a bad roofing experience. Recently, the owners of Armando’s Shopping Center contacted us about their leaking roof.
We were surprised to hear that the roof was only 7 months old, but it was leaking worse than the older roof they’d had replaced. We learned that the roofer installed it without obtaining any permits, so no inspections were done when the job was complete. Even worse, after taking the client’s money, the roofer wouldn’t return their calls when problems started to develop.
Commercial Flat Roofing Mistakes Prove Costly For Property Owners
When we examined the leaking roof, we quickly saw that the work didn’t meet code requirements, the material wasn’t installed correctly and no new flashings were used. After a thorough inspection, we had to inform the owners that the roof wasn’t repairable and their only option was to tear off the poorly-installed material and start over.
Our Replacement Recommendation: Duro-Last Roofing
To ensure that the shopping center has a high-quality, long-lasting roof that protects the owners’ investment, we suggested installing Duro-Last roofing. We highly recommend this manufacturer’s products because of their:
- Energy efficiency. Duro-Last’s white roof membrane reflects up to 88% of the sun’s energy, and the company is a charter partner of the Energy Star program and Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC).
- Exceptional warranty coverage. Duro-Last is the first commercial roofing manufacturer to offer a warranty that covers consequential damage without a maintenance requirement.
- Superior performance. Each Duro-Last system is custom manufactured to the roof’s exact measurements. Up to 85% of the seams are completed at the factory, which maximizes the installed roof’s leak resistance.
- Hurricane wind resistance. Tested by Factory Mutual, Duro-Last roofs can withstand 150 lbs. of uplift resistance.
- Sustainability. Duro-Last is a member of the Green Building Council (USGBC) and their roof membranes have earned the highest sustainability certification rating, NSF/ANSI 347 Platinum.
Why Armando’s Chose Kelly Roofing
When the owners of Armando’s hired us, we asked why they felt confident about choosing Kelly Roofing. We’re proud of the qualities they told us had influenced their decision, which included our responsiveness, our past experience and 30-year history in the area, our reputation for quality workmanship and customer service, and our fair pricing.
If you need expert commercial flat roofing services in the Naples area, contact us at Kelly Roofing.