When it comes to having the roof replaced on your home, workmanship quality plays a key role in your new roof’s performance and longevity. This makes it essential to hire a roofer who does high-quality work, but how do you make the best choice when you’re comparing roofing companies in the Naples area? The easy way to gain peace of mind that you’re getting a top-quality roof is choosing Owens Corning shingles and having them installed by a Platinum Preferred contractor.
What is a Platinum Preferred Contractor?
Owens Corning shingles and related products are among the highest-quality roofing materials on the market, but they’ll only perform well if they’re properly installed. The manufacturer knows this, so they award Platinum Preferred status to local roofing contractors who meet their strict qualification criteria. This makes it easy for homeowners to find a roofer who has demonstrated installation expertise.
How Roofers Qualify for Platinum Preferred Credentials
Roofers can’t simply apply for Owens Corning Platinum Preferred certification – it’s awarded by invitation only, and about 1 percent of roofers nationwide are chosen for the distinction after they meet the manufacturer’s rigorous qualification standards that include:
- Meeting state and local licensing requirements.
- Carrying at least $1,000,000 coverage in general liability insurance.
- Having a good standing with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Showing a dedication to continued training, superior craftsmanship and superb customer service.
- Having a clear business record without any liens or judgments.
- Passing a credit check and demonstrating financial solvency.
- Having at least three years of business history under their name.
Going Platinum Offers Appreciable Benefits
Having a new roof installed by a contractor with Owens Corning Platinum Preferred certification offers you some clear benefits:
- Peace of mind about workmanship quality. When a Platinum Preferred contractor installs your new roof, you have the assurance that you’ve hired a dependable professional who’s skilled and fully trained, so there are no worries about workmanship quality.
- Added assurance with upgraded warranties. Owens Corning only lets their certified contractors offer their top-of-the-line extended warranties plans, so you’ll also qualify for a Platinum Protection roof system warranty that provides up to a lifetime of workmanship and material coverage.
At Kelly Roofing, we’re proud to say that we’ve achieved Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor certification. If you need a new roof on your Naples-area home, contact us today to learn more about our dedication to outstanding craftsmanship and customer service.Read: What Pets Need to Know About Roofing By Romeo