Rooms filled with natural light and fresh air are invariably more beautiful, spacious and uplifting to your spirits. Daylight is the essential element that transforms conventional rooms into splendid spaces that add value and quality to your home and your life.
A beautiful way to brighten your home with natural light is through skylights. As a Velux Solutions Contractor, we install only the best skylights on the market.
Want to know more about Velux Skylights? Click Here or the Velux Logo above to go to our Velux page and see what skylights can do to brighten up your home!
- All skylights and sun tunnels are made with impact-resistant glass, meeting all hurricane codes.
- Velux sky lights are ENERGY STAR ™ approved, letting in light while blocking heat.
- Skylights come with a variety of options including blinds, sun shades, venting skylights.
And then there’s the breeze. VELUX skylights, SUN TUNNEL™ skylights and roof windows let you bring the best of the outdoors inside with you
Today, as for the past 60+ years, VELUX is the world leader in roof windows and skylights. This is no accident. It is a result of our intense focus on creating the best quality, most energy efficient day lighting products available.
Over the years we have worked to identify the key components necessary for virtually any successful day lighting project, and we have created our product program to match. The result is a complete system of day lighting products unmatched anywhere. Take advantage of our experience by incorporating the complete system into your day lighting project.
Finished attics and bonus rooms typically appraise at 100% of the value of the rest of your living space while basements typically do not.
Sun Tunnel with a Tile Roof System.
Velux Skylight with a Shingle Roof System.
- Bright light regulates the suprachiasmatic nucleus clock, which is known by most as our bodies internal clock. This clock keeps our bodies set to the correct time.
- Electric lighting accounts for one-fifth of the total electrical energy used in the U.S.
- Students perform significantly better in environments that are lit with natural, rather than artificial light. The study, one of the largest of its kind, tracked test scores for 22,000 students in California, Colorado and Washington. Researchers report that learning rates were 26 percent higher in reading and 20 percent higher in math in rooms with the most natural light.Source: Heschong Mahone Group
- 20% of our population suffer varying degrees of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Individuals with SAD may experience emotional depression, a drop in physical energy, an increased appetite, and an increased need for sleep. Lack of sufficient daylight is directly linked to SAD.
- As you age, the lenses of your eyes thicken and the pupils shrink in size, causing your eye to adapt much more slowly to changing light conditions. Researchers McFarland and Fisher reported that to accommodate the adaptation of the aging eye, the amount of light required for visual acuity doubled for each 13 years after the age of 20. It is clear that softer, natural light equals better vision.
- American homeowners said if they had a choice of accessories for the ultimate dream bathroom, No. 1 on the list would be a skylight to bathe the bathroom with more natural light.
- That sunlight heals a variety of skin problems. A bit of sun, 15 minutes or less on a regular basis, may help control eczema, acne, psoriasis and even dandruff. UV rays interfere with the proliferation of abnormal skin cells that trigger eczema and psoriasis. Researchers are working to pinpoint more precisely how UV rays affect the skin’s immune system.
- That American companies lose as much as $22.8 billion each year to lost productivity resulting from poor ventilation. Source: Harvard School of Public Health.
- That studies comparing natural day lighting to conventional electric lighting show that students who attended elementary schools where natural day lighting is used have better attendance, better dental records and grew more – 3/4” more over a 2 year period.
- That people need vitamin D for calcium to be absorbed by the body to strengthen teeth and bones and other tissue to maintain a healthy skeleton throughout life. Two sources of vitamin D are diet and sunlight. In healthy human bodies, 80% of vitamin D is developed through exposure to natural light. A vitamin D deficiency could result in the brittle-bone disease osteoporosis, which affects mostly wo